oddball241 weeks
Knocky246 weeks
Teach249 weeks
FoxC262 weeks
cazza267 weeks
andye267 weeks
jacko267 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Knock Out Cup Final.
ThePower
#41 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:12

Must Get Out More

In fact the Eden would like to all have a piss on it first before its burnt.

Shaggy
#42 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:17
Must Get Out More

But then it would be back to before when nodody ever won anything when they played there.

The fact of the matter is that our team moved because all but myself live miles away from Thornton Heath, and the team chose to have a venue that fitted the majority.

In all honesty the tables didnt play great the other night, but certainly no worse than some of the finals held at Frames in the past.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn
#43 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:17

Quite The Regular

If I'd meant the Eagles, I'd have said the Eagles. As far as calling an egg an egg is concerend, I'm about as shy as you Alex Wink

You can put the cap on whatever head it fits.

I see there has already been an icon created in honour of this thread.... chasing a chicken

I didn't realise Eagles were fat and flightless winkgrin

http://www.surreypool.com
Shaggy
#44 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:20
Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
Burn wrote:
I'm honestly not stirring, and my commentary isn't about the Farley in isolation, it's about the selfishness of 'some' pool players in general.

For the sake of clarity, Burn uses the word 'some' but really means The Eagles.

Personally, if I was Farley I would take down all their memorabillia, stick it in a bin and burn it. I'm outta here

We didnt ask for it to be put up. Nice touch I grant you but I thought it was more for the pub and Dave to signify the pubs success than anything else.

And as for pissing on it Power, you'd probably miss.

Burn
#45 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:21

Quite The Regular

...and to be fair my feelings on this matter pre-date the Eagles move, and goes back to the Interleague team moving.

All of the other Surrey Interleague teams thought the Farley was THE venue in terms of atmosphere on an Interleague night.

Anyways, f*ck it, none of my business, just that I've seen Farley getting a fair few shoeings recently, and it all seemed a bit uncalled for.

I doubt he gives a f*ck himself, the fella has survived a cancer scare, this is all trivial sh!te in comparison.

There but for the grace of God and all that.
Edited by Burn on 12-10-2007 19:23

http://www.surreypool.com
ThePower
#46 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 20:22

Must Get Out More

We didnt ask for it to be put up. Nice touch I grant you but I thought it was more for the pub and Dave to signify the pubs success than anything else.

[/quote]

Summed it up very nicely Shaggy. This exactly why the Eagles are known as the ''Ego's''. Head up their own arses.

Shaggy
#47 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 21:01
Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:

Summed it up very nicely Shaggy. This exactly why the Eagles are known as the ''Ego's''. Head up their own arses.[/quote]

Its only you and Cliff that call us that. Everyone else loves us.

buntycollocks
#48 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 22:39
Quite The Regular

and im right bouncing

anyways
we have all moaned about a venue and there tables b4.....me included.....believe or not rolling eyes
but
this final was played over TWENTY ONE frames
surely
after the 1st 7 frames
they couldve tryed to level the tables or use the other 1 ?

sour grapes spring to mind or does it sound more like a jacko excuse.....mmmmm let me think about that 1 laughing
I do hope Palace get relegated......then the traffic will be better when im on the bus.

Golden
#49 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 23:34

FORUM ADDICT!

Yeah because that's the thing you do Cliff . . Stop a FINAL midway through to level the tables, replace the cushions and iron the pockets several times . . You see that all the time Cliff rolling eyes

We lost because we were rubbish . It just didn't help that the table prevented what little decent pool there was . .

Macca
#50 Print Post
Posted on 13-10-2007 20:07
Quite The Regular

SHAGGY WHAT EVER MAKES U THINK I LOVE U NOW COME ON SON U MUST BE TAKING DRUGS IF U THINK THAT MATE:razz:

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Candy and Lauren
Candy and Lauren
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing