oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Week 2 runners and riders:
berty
#1 Print Post
Posted on 19-10-2007 21:12
Home From Home

So the dust has settled and all the pre season banter is over we are back off and rolling here is how the second league week pans out for me

Hot Shots 5 - Farley Eden 2
If the rumours are true and the Hots shots have not got the Clarkes this season then no doubt they are weaker in my mind and an early season defeat to their number one rivals last week may yet prove to be an early indication of where the div one title will go. Hots Shots still are a great team however they have certainly lost some depth if the rumours are true. Eden went soaring in to a 3-0 lead last week only to suffer from nerves as I had predicted finally falling over the line in a tense final frame against the newby bloodhounds. Hots Shots still have too much for me especially with home advantage and if they get their best available team out are still the team to beat.

Bloodhounds 2 v Drillers 5
Bloodhounds with a fairly respectable start to the season pushing a full strength Eden to the wire and without their best player. Drillers with a dissapointing start against their rivals. I hope I am not one of the "wankers on the site" but either way it is too early in the season for a complete capitulation (joke) Drillers to win.

Unpredictables 3 V 4 Coney Cues
Not sure what to expect fromt his game but if they have turned over the Drillers at their strongest maybe this will be a return to form for the Unpredictables this season. I have a feeling they may have strengthened from last season or maybe just a few of their younger players like Luke are coming of age. Coney again will be treating this as an early season yard stick for improvement. These are the teams we must bury and after a convincing first game performance and a monster start from Mavis Davis we are confident of doing so.

Rack Pack 4 v 3 Bromley Cue Masters
For me te Rack pack have a good team spirit and enough quality to maintain their div one status comfortably. They looked nervous last week against us with several finishes even though their new players (baring pooing themselves) looked fairly handy. Cuemasters gifted a win (although you still have to put them away) in the first week which will be good for confidence but may leave them a little shell shocked when they come up against a proper team. Rack Pack to get rid of their first game jitters and do the business with home advantage

SAS 2 V 5 Patriots
Hard to take the SAS seriously now after turning up to the first game of their first div one season with 4 players. Apparently they only have 7 signed in which case they are guaranteed to get relegated. Partiots to kick start their season in this one with a much improved squad.

Eagles 5 v 2 Propeller
All of a sudden the Eagles win this one and they have effectively beaten their two title competitors in the first two weeks. They will need to avoid the banana skins of last year against the lesser team however if they want to recapture the title. The Prop on the back of a superb performance against the Patriots will fancy this one but I think parity will reume as the Eagles assert their dominanace.

Knocky
#2 Print Post
Posted on 19-10-2007 23:54
Must Get Out More

hotshots 4 eden 3
bloodhounds 3 drillers 4
unpredictables 5 coney 2 ner ner
rack pack 3 bromley 4
sas 2 patriots 5
eagles 4 prop 3
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

harry
#3 Print Post
Posted on 20-10-2007 01:53

Must Get Out More

Thanks a lot Chris.....Right!!!!

Hotshots 5 Eden 2
Bloodhounds 3 Drillers 4
Unpredictables 3 Coney 4
Rack pack 5 Bromley 2 applause
SAS 1 Patriots 6
Eagles 4 Prop 3

So there! :razz:
Edited by harry on 20-10-2007 01:54
Harry Time!

scottish-hustler
#4 Print Post
Posted on 20-10-2007 09:27
Quite The Regular

Hotshots 5 Eden 2
Bloodhounds 3 Drillers 4
Unpredictables 5 Coney 2 Shockne:
Rack pack 2 Bromley 5
SAS 2 Patriots 5
Eagles 5 Prop 2

berty
#5 Print Post
Posted on 20-10-2007 10:06
Home From Home

is scottish hustler luke?

scottish-hustler
#6 Print Post
Posted on 21-10-2007 01:21
Quite The Regular

yes, unforunatley, it seems i'm the only scottish guy around Sad might have to consider lowering the price of booze to get some more down Wink

Hold-up
#7 Print Post
Posted on 21-10-2007 17:44
Just Popping In

I think were keep the prices up thanksWink

the-shark
#8 Print Post
Posted on 21-10-2007 21:25

Home From Home

could be a 1st test for our teams comitment on tues against the rat pack, i know already shanks is not playing, and being this is the furthest journey for half of the team who live over bexley way i am not very confident of us having a full team! we had 7 for the cup, 6 last week, this week? wall
Edited by the-shark on 21-10-2007 21:26

the-shark
#9 Print Post
Posted on 21-10-2007 21:31

Home From Home

unpredictables 4-3 the coney
hot shots 5-2 the eden
bloodhounds 4-3 the drillers
sas 2-5 the patriots
eagles 4-3 the prop
rat pack 4-3 bromley cuemasterscensored

ThePower
#10 Print Post
Posted on 23-10-2007 20:11

Must Get Out More

Bloodhounds v Drillers
I can't see the Drillers getting beat for a second week in a row, though if the Bloodhounds are full strength it could be close and a bit of a nervy one for the Drillers. I think it will go to the wire with experience winning the day. 4-3 Drillers.

Rileys Unpreds v Coney
The Unpreds looking like a rejuvenated team while the Coney boring the pants off everyone. If you are a neutral - don't turn up for this one, you may fall asleep as the flair of the Unpreds is bound to be stifled by the ultra defensive pool of the Poney. Unpreds with home advantage maybe to just nick it 4-3.

Rack Pack v Brom Cuemasters
All the talk and banter that the Rack Pack are doomed for the drop could take its toil on Harry's men if they don't win these type of games. Cuemasters off the back of week one walkover and currently top of the league may inspire even their understrength side onto victory. Again another 4-3, sorry Harry, to the Cuemasters.

SAS v Patriots
All the sweat and effort to get into the first division and you turn up with 4 players in the opening week. If you are not massive underdogs in the first place! Patriots travel to Thornton Heath off the back of a severe bashing last week, but they have the class to win this encounter comfortably, and I predict there is nother 6-1 loss for the SAS looming large.

Red Deer Eagles v Propeller
Second home game on the spin for the Eagles, and all ready there is talk of this match now being the title decider. Its only week 2! Eagles of course will be favourites, but the Prop must be inspired by the way they dealt with the Patriots last week so come into this early season encounter very much the form side. If the Prop are to win the title then this is a must win. If I was a betting man - 4-3 Eagles.

Hot Shots v Farley Eden
5 previous meetings and the scales balance 3 to 2 in the Eden favour, amazingly enough neither side has beaten the other on home turf. Thats the stats speaking but can the Eden conjure up a second straight defeat for the defending champions? Of course we can.
4-3 Eden.
Edited by ThePower on 23-10-2007 20:18

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Luke Johnson
Luke Johnson
2008 Scotch Doubles Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing