jacko266 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Removed Thread
Golden
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 15:07

FORUM ADDICT!

The thread has been moved until such a time that we receive an article that doesn't consist of "See Thread!"

The website is free to use and doesn't have many rules other than we ask people not to write thread titles in capitals, not to be overly abusive to other site users and to submit an article if someone wishes to advertise an event. Other than that it's pretty much a free for all

In the time it takes to write the initial post, all is needed, as a bare minmum, is to copy and paste it as an article and even that's a cop out to some extent.

The site has an RSS feed and regardless of how many people do/don't use it, the articles form the core of this feed and without them it's pretty pointless having one and I for one am not prepared to delete a site function through other people's laziness.

I know this is for charity but I don't care if the fundraiser was to fund a new hip for my cat, the same rules still apply.

I'll be happy to replace the thread when an adequate article is submitted. Failing that, please feel free to advertise it on the Surrey site who may not operate this policy . .
Edited by TheSaxtonator on 05-07-2008 07:16

ThePower
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 15:51

Must Get Out More

'Moved' or 'REmoved'?!

As this was for ''charity'' seems a bit harsh...Sad

I'm sure Rainbow will sort it though.

longshanks
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 16:32

Must Get Out More

Sorry to hear that your cat needs a new hip, Golden.

JugglingSpence
#4 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 16:57

Home From Home

I think 'see thread' meant copy and paste the first post. If you send me a link to where ever it moved to, I will copy it and send it back to you as an article...

I would write an article but I don't know enough about it to add anymore than the original post.

Cheers,

Spence.
Edited by JugglingSpence on 04-07-2008 17:04
As happy as a single man living above a chip shop

Lils
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 16:59

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
'Moved' or 'REmoved'?!

As this was for ''charity'' seems a bit harsh...Sad

I'm sure Rainbow will sort it though.

Not everything is a massive conspiracy you know. I'm sure Paul will have an article on here in next to no time. He could have simply cut and pasted his thread details into an article. It's not too hard.

ThePower
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 17:03

Must Get Out More

Lils wrote:

Not everything is a massive conspiracy you know.

Thank you Donna.

Lils
#7 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 17:14

Must Get Out More

Hey, anytime. I'm here to help. Smile

ThePower
#8 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 17:41

Must Get Out More

Thanks for the offer, very charitable of you....

Golden
#9 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 18:21

FORUM ADDICT!

ThePower wrote:
'Moved' or 'REmoved'?!

Moved

JugglingSpence
#10 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 20:03

Home From Home

Moved where? I've been trying to find it to send to you...
As happy as a single man living above a chip shop

Golden
#11 Print Post
Posted on 04-07-2008 20:26

FORUM ADDICT!

It's been moved to a thread only visible by site admin . .

I know you're only trying to do good Spence but I'm sure Rainbow has the details and will submit the appropriate article shortly Smile

Rainbow
#12 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 01:05

Quite The Regular

Golden wrote:
The thread has been moved until such a time that we receive an article that doesn't consist of "See Thread!"

The website is free to use and doesn't have many rules other than we ask people not to write thread titles in capitals, not to be overly abusive to other site users and to submit an article if someone wishes to advertise an event. Other than that it's pretty much a free for all

In the time it takes to write the initial post, all is needed, as a bare minmum, is to copy and paste it as an article and even that's a cop out to some extent.

The site has an RSS feed and regardless of how many people do/don't use it, the articles form the core of this feed and without them it's pretty pointless having one and I for one am not prepared to delete a site function through other people's laziness.

I know this is for charity but I don't care if the fundraiser was to fund a new hip for my cat, the same rules still apply.

I'll be happy to replace the thread when an adequate article is submitted. Failing that, please feel free to advertise it on the Surrey site who may not operate this policy . .

Article on its way, i for one am amused to find such little co-operation overlooked
in the name of charity!!

Rainbow,
I will keep my regards for another day!

Golden
#13 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 01:20

FORUM ADDICT!

Regardless of the fact that what you have just posted makes no sense at all I thank you for adhering to the very few T&C's of CroydonPool.com and wish you well with your event.

Your thread will be reinstated upon receipt of your revised article.
Edited by TheSaxtonator on 05-07-2008 01:22

ThePower
#14 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 04:23

Must Get Out More

And on that note Rainbow, remember one thing, 'not everything' is a massive conspiracy you know......Wink

Rainbow
#15 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 05:07

Quite The Regular

When Will the Thread be re-instated please, we only have 2 weeks to get the thing together?

Regards,
Rainbow
butter wouldn't melt ...

Farley
#16 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 06:42

Home From Home

Danny Grow Up and, get the thread back on for the bloke. Think you have made your point. Your site . Your Rules.
He is only trying to do something to help people.
Your memory seems a little short. Not too long ago everyone at The Farley was bending over backwards to help you when you organised the charity weekend for the. N.S.P.C.C. Enough said i think...!!!
Home of the Farley Loyalists. Farley Dukes. Farley Small Potatoes...

And Friend
#17 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 07:12
Just Popping In

now whats the point in all this? why don't you just grow up! someone is trying to help peoploe less fortunate than us!

Golden
#18 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 07:14

FORUM ADDICT!

Thank you for such a well thought out post Dave.

The rules relating to submitting articles has been in place since CroydonPool.com started back in September 2004 and isn't something we put in place on a whim. You yourself know full well this rule exists as we've discussed it several times and one that you personally adhere to whenever you wish to advertise on this site.

In addition to this, 'Rainbow' is also fully aware of this rule as he has been pulled up on it before. I could have easily have pulled the thread there and then but kindly requested that someone submit an article, to which I got submission consisting of "See Thread!".

If someone can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to advertise the event properly then why should the people who work on this site give it any special dispensation when the rules are in place for everyone?

As for The Farley helping CroydonPool.com at the NSPCC weekend, forgive me but I don't recollect what constituted 'bending over backwards'? In addition, what about the numerous occasions CroydonPool.com helped The Farley? I don't see that being brought up anywhere but I'll stand correct should you present me with evidence of such . .

Rainbow's article has been received and is more than adequate for submission and has therefore been posted. His original post will be reinstated as per my previous posts and not because you decide to have your usual post-midnight pearls of wisdom.

As much as people would like to believe that I run this site for my own benefit, I can assure you that I've received nothing out of this site other than grief and personal expense. The rules are there for a reason and not just because I feel like it. As previously mentioned, articles are an important part of the site as there are various things that feed off of it and not from forum content. I shouldn't need to explain this as it's common sense but it seems that need is more than necessary.

Rainbow, on behalf of CroydonPool.com I wish you the best of luck with your event and hope you raise loads of ??? for a worthy cause.

Farley
#19 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 18:58

Home From Home

Farley wrote:
Your memory seems a little short. Not too long ago everyone at The Farley was bending over backwards to help you
Danny i dont do "Well thought out posts" more to do with my life than sit at a pc digging people out for any simple error they print,i leave that to you and your side kick but, i would like to put the record straight on one point you made...
See above... Dont think i said or, have ever, ever, ever said that The Farley ever done anything for Croydonpool.com. Unless you have changed the site name to "YOU"
While i am on here i will give you one bit of advice, that was given to Chaos the other day. You say you get nothing but grief on the site.
Danny trust me if you dont go looking for trouble generally, as a rule you dont find it.
Home of the Farley Loyalists. Farley Dukes. Farley Small Potatoes...

Golden
#20 Print Post
Posted on 05-07-2008 19:10

FORUM ADDICT!

The NSPCC event was held on behalf of CroydonPool.com and as such you'll find it wasn't the Danny Evans 24hr Charity Marathon. Your 'help' was offered for the event and not for me personally as I can promise you I got absolutely nothing out of it myself other than the opportunity to help a worthy cause. I just happened to be the person who played a part in organising it on behalf of the website.

Yet again you seem to be making this personal so please feel free to carry the conversation via PM as I'm sure the vast majority of users are bored of this rearing it's head again rolling eyes

The way I see it is this . . There are a couple of rules that site members need to adhere to . . They are as follows:

1- Extreme amounts of obscene language and personal abuse is prohibited.

2- Thread Titles are not to be posted in capitals.

3- If someone wishes to advertise an event on the site they must submit an article to go with it.

Other than that pretty much anything goes! I personally don't see that as unreasonable as it makes for a better site for it's users. If anyone feels that these rules are unjust for a free to use site then please feel free to PM or E-mail me to discuss further as all constructive criticism is welcomed.
Edited by TheSaxtonator on 05-07-2008 19:20

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Scott Harrison
Scott Harrison
Winter League 07/08 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing