oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 1 week 2
berty
#1 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 05:43
Home From Home

Unlucky Unpredictables Frames 2 or 3 could have gone either way and the set the tone for the night as they both went to us in somewhat fortunate manner

Unpredictables 2 Coney 5
Bloodhounds 2 Drillers 5
Rack Pack 2 Cuemasters 5
Hot Shots 5 Eden 2
Eagles 5 Propeller 2
Sas 2 Partriots 5 (maybe 4-3)

League table

Cuemasters 15
Coney 14
Eagles 13
Propeller 10
Hot Shots 10
Drillers 9
Unpredictables 9
Eden 8
Patriots 8
Bloodhounds 5
Rack Pack 4
Sas 3

Big Up!

:box:

the-shark
#2 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 14:22

Home From Home

a good 5-2 win for the cuemasters last night against the rat pack but was a flattering scoreline as they missed two golden chances to clinch frames. im sure once they get a few wins they will do fine this year i hope so. witha couple of new sighnings for us in the coming weeks hopefully our ship will be steadier.

Stretch
#3 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 14:34
Just Popping In

The Drillers actually won 6-1. Good evening on a nice table with a good bunch of fella's. We had the run and the score definately flattered us. Rainsy has already won the shot of the season with an outrageous flap, just wish it could have been recorded for a youtube!!

Knocky
#4 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 15:26
Must Get Out More

bad night for us as berty says frames 2,3 we should have won but nevermind hopefully get back on track next weekwhip
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

harry
#5 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 15:29

Must Get Out More

the-shark wrote:
a good 5-2 win for the cuemasters last night against the rat pack but was a flattering scoreline as they missed two golden chances to clinch frames. im sure once they get a few wins they will do fine this year i hope so. witha couple of new sighnings for us in the coming weeks hopefully our ship will be steadier.

Well played The Cuemasters.

We WILL get our season started soon :hanged:
Harry Time!

Hold-up
#6 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 15:49
Just Popping In

Stretch wrote:
The Drillers actually won 6-1. Good evening on a nice table with a good bunch of fella's. We had the run and the score definately flattered us. Rainsy has already won the shot of the season with an outrageous flap, just wish it could have been recorded for a youtube!!

How is potting a ball over a hole a flap. I call it GENIUSwinkgrin

berty
#7 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 16:15
Home From Home

knocky wrote:
bad night for us as berty says frames 2,3 we should have won but nevermind hopefully get back on track next weekwhip

But having said that Merv won his frame bar a shocking role from your table so I think on reflection a 4-3 might have been fairer but thems is the breaks

Truey
#8 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 16:21
Quite The Regular

Well played Hot-shots last night - They are so strong at the front (Sean/Rod/Dino) but we missed a golden chance to go 2-2 & who knows but they deserved to winSad

Tough season ahead for us & probably the last as the last 2 years have been anything but enjoyable - We will continue but have not got a squad to compete & at times it is embarressing. I have played about 5 times since April & am truly shocking with no confidence & almost no desire wall

Another huge game next against the egos who have had a great start & they will be looking to smash us but can we muster some 98 form & pull off a shock - heres hoping

1 thing i am looking forward to this season is playing the coney - It is about time we put the record straight against them - i only wish we still had the passion for it as we might actually practice & rip them up, we are a class above them but they practice & get results we just turn up & hope to rekindle the old days - So coney boys/girls are u up for it shag

This game is 1 of the only reasons we bothered to play in this league again - nothing left for us - we have won a few things on the way & fcuk'd off almost every team - 2007/8 is Mission Poney Poos :box:
HOW LONG LEFT ?

berty
#9 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 16:41
Home From Home

How flattering

Spud
#10 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 17:15

Home From Home

Slowly settling into our new home. Two great results from our point of view, beating two title rivals.
Long way to go yet, but it's nice to get off to a good start.

Prop have made a very good aquisition in Nick Pool. He dished very efficiantly against me last night, and he'll be a 60% + player for the Prop this year.

Hold-up
#11 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 20:20
Just Popping In

Spud wrote:
Slowly settling into our new home. Two great results from our point of view, beating two title rivals.
Long way to go yet, but it's nice to get off to a good start.

Prop have made a very good aquisition in Nick Pool. He dished very efficiantly against me last night, and he'll be a 60% + player for the Prop this year.

Agree about Nick,solid player. Shame he's got no personality winkgrin

berty
#12 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 20:23
Home From Home

Welcome to the realms of playing every season as if it could be your last Dave we have mastered it for at least the last 3 seasons and it keeps you going but then also realise at the end of each season the summer break could be fatal for the team however of late we have had a security that has been missing in past seasons.

The league would surely be a sorry place without you and we make no bones about it that it is our biggest game of the season. Class above is a little strong I would suggest and I really do not see it that way. I would suggest the only match between us where one team dominated the other was when we beat you 5-2 the others were very close and all this stuff about if we could be bothered to practise holds no sway. If you turn up with a weakened side you cannot make excuses as we all know you are only as strong as your weakest squad members.

I have long held the view that the eden on their day are as good as anyone but it is time to stop raking up the past and muster up some pride in this seasons performances. In terms of practise apart from Paul saxton we rarely practise as I team and certainly I dont so that is no excuse either.

We are up for it mate make no bones and we will also make no excuses if we lose it will be because the better team won.band playing

ThePower
#13 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 21:09

Must Get Out More

For Shaggy's pleasure......I counted the visits for him last night...

Frame 1: Sean v Truey
DT breaks pots a few and covers bag. Sean defends and seals up black then plays a DF. Truey 2 shots & outside chance to clear then misses. Sean plays great shot to release black and its curtains. (12 visits).

Frame 2: Rod v Farley boy wonder
No nerves from the superkid who attacks every shot, Rod defends for most of the frame and in the end gets 2 shots, then plays a delicious shot to release 3 cushioned balls and its good night (10 visits)

Frame 3: Dino v Scott
Dino breaks and goes in off. Scott dishes (1 visit)

Frame 4: Neo v The Power
Its all there for me but shot selection goes out the window, Ian then should clear and runs out of position, then nearly goes in-off. I try to leave white on top rail, over cook it. Ian slaps in black (6 visits)

Frame 5: Michael Brown v Sting
Sting breaks and has half a chance, plays awful shot and goes in off. Michael then dishes them up. (2 visits)

Frame 6: Mark Eldrdige v Keith (The Halligan Slayer)
'I want Halligan' says Keith before the game. 'Sorry not tonight' says Truey. So instead Keith pulls down the pants of ex-Eden idol, Mark, by playing some vintage stuff. Missed a straight black but the Nugget made amends by sliding the winning black down the rail at the second time of asking. (14 visits)

Interlude: Eden rocking in the aisles - chanting for a third frame off the defending champions....

Frame 7: Bushell v Arthur
Both have early chances and the game peters into something of a non-event as neither player seems comfortable in attack or defense. In the end, 3 reds (Bushell) and 1 yellow (Arthur) over the bottom bag and Arthur goes mad. Arta attempts to play the 'machine gun splatter shot', the balls splatter all over the joint but it goes horribly wrong and unsurprisingly when you attempt a shot that was never there in the first place - you foul.

Interlude: Eden look at each other in embarrassed bemusement.

Bushell cleans up the mess. (Visits 18)

5-2 Hot Shots. Not pretty pool from the Eden, but in the end a fair result because we should have learnt by now that when the chances do come you have to take them or you are punished.

On another note, we really must sort out the transport arrangements on the away fixtures. Last night Keith (pissed), Pedro (very pissed), and Truey (c*nted) piled into Barry's (brandy & coked up) yellow boy racer Cinquento, with girlfriend Sarah (sober) at the wheel. They could all barely fit in with their cues n all. All the windows were steamed up within seconds of lift off, their red noses pressed against the windows and as they left the Lewisham landscape behind the rear of the car was barely two inches off the deck. Luckily none of them are known sufferers of claustrophobia or panic attacks.
Edited by ThePower on 24-10-2007 22:06

SCORCHIO12
#14 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 21:59

Must Get Out More

If the driver of a car i was getting into was coked up and drinking i wouldnt of bothered going!
Edited by SCORCHIO12 on 24-10-2007 22:54

ThePower
#15 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 22:08

Must Get Out More

Coca cola.....evil laugh

SCORCHIO12
#16 Print Post
Posted on 24-10-2007 22:54

Must Get Out More

Ahh, coked up living in addo is the norm laughing Thats what you get for living in Addo' all your life !! laughing

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dino Nair
Dino Nair
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing