oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Week 3 runners and riders
berty
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05-11-2007 23:35
Home From Home

Ok so back to business after a weeks respite in the league cup. I would say after 3 weeks in the league that the wheat usually starts to separate from the chaff and the pre season hopes for a new season for some teams will already look bleak and other teams who did not give themselves much of a chance will be fancying their chances all of a sudden. The bottom 3 as they stand at the moment could well be the three to go down. Sorry Harry but I am just looking at the teams above you and questioning who would go down instead and I can only see the cuemasters (if they turn up short) who are currently top!

Here is how I see week 3 unfolding for the Division one runners and riders

Drillers 3 V 4 Hot Shots
After a dissapointing opening week the drillers bounced back with an emphatic win over the spirited Bloodhounds. The Hot Shots however are a step up in class from playing 2 of the also run teams they have played already. Rumours of Hot Shot weekness I am not sure but the Hot Shots won 5-2 against unspirited Eden side last week. Big test for both teams and i think there could be a shock on the cards in this one however I aint going against the Hots Shots.

Coney Cues 5 Bloodhounds 2
Coney have had a good start to the season with good wins against two teams who were very good yard sticks for improvement. The Rack pack who finished above us last season and the Div one stallwarts the Unpredictables. Bloodhounds I have heard rumblings are pretty handy but they will need to develop the knack of tacking down the likes of the coney if they are to stay up. I think they will need to win something like 9/10 of their 22 games if they are to avoid the drop, if they lose this match they will have lost to the Eden and the Coney both of which I think they will need to get at least 50% records against. Cant see us losing.

Bromley Cue Masters 3 V 4 Unpredictables
Cuemasters seem to have hit the ground running this season although they have played two teasm who are likely to finish either in relegation or in the bottom half anyway. Unpredictables with a mixed start after beating the fancied drillers but losing on home soil to the coney boys (who got a bit of run admittedly). Unpredictables on their day are a great side and will have too much for the Cue Masters.

Patriots 5 V 2 Rack Pack
Patriots have strengthened significantly this season and the Rack pack have weakened. Rack Pack have a had a dreadful start against two teams they will need to beat in the second half of the season. Patriots will have been gutted to get thumped by the Prop but will be buoyed by an easy fixture two weeks ago. Rack Pack need to win this one but Patriots to compound their misery with Rack Pack wondering where there first win will come from.

Propeller 7 V 0 SAS
I cant remember a time when after two weeks I was so sure of team going down. Such a shame but after turning up with 4 in the first week and then to be honest looking pretty poor against the Patriots (was in same venue) they are an early season shoe in for the drop. Propeller to show them no mercy in clinical style.

Eden 2 V 5 The Eagles
We all know they are capable of the big results but having seen Truey pooring his heart out after the defeat to the Hot Shots it doesn't seem like the mentality needed to defeat an Eagles side who have beaten their two main title contenders in the first two weeks. A solitary win against the bloodhounds and a defeat to the hot shots will not be enough to give them the belief they can beat the pretenders for the title. Eagles to win in their old venue......cue another tearjerking email.

Coneycueist
#2 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 21:34

Home From Home

tumbleweed
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

berty
#3 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 22:08
Home From Home

tell me about it I wont bother again

harry
#4 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 22:14

Must Get Out More

Won't bother with what?

Harry Time!

berty
#5 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 22:57
Home From Home

taking the time to write a summary if it doesn't even get a discussion going, seems a little one sided. Just enjoy a bit of pre match banter is all

harry
#6 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 23:06

Must Get Out More

I enjoy your summaries, apart from when you say the Rack Pack are going down

crying

Please continue to do them.
Harry Time!

Shaggy
#7 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 23:14
Must Get Out More

Berty, stop being so gay. I read it and agreed with it wholeheartedly so didnt feel the need to make you feel good by agreeing. I thought ignoring was the best policy.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sass
#8 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 23:25

FORUM ADDICT!

Ditto. Particularly as I'm not in Div 1.

www.croydonpool.com
berty
#9 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 23:37
Home From Home

I very much doubt everyone is reading my comments and agreeing wholeheatedly but I have to say the main reason I write these lengthy suimmaries before each league week is to spark a bit of pre match banter and anticipation. I guess I was really just crying out for the Power to have his say. it is what I live for you know....I though this was a gay chat roomconfused

Shaggy
#10 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 23:42
Must Get Out More

Its worth remembering that their arent as many people registered on this site in comparison to the last. YET! Nater will be lower for the time being as the likes of Sting, Truey, Alan Goodall, Ras Fas, Pointer and Swetts to name a few rarely use here. They will return I am sure.

So anyway, only one team to remain unbeaten tonight, and thats us.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spud
#11 Print Post
Posted on 06-11-2007 23:45

Home From Home

Sorry Berty, been really busy at work for a change.
Always loving your work, so keep it up.

Very solid predictions, hard to find many holes in there.
What I will say is that it is very early days, and I think it will be maybe 6 games before the table starts taking a realistic shape of what it may finish as.

I'm hoping the SAS turning up with 4 was just a very temporary measure, as it doesn't do the top tier of our illustrious league any justice.
They're in the first on merit, and I'm sure they wanna make the most of they're time here, even if that is for just one season. So I expect them to come to life any week now and suprise a few people.

ThePower
#12 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 00:00

Must Get Out More

No time for mega rant about predictions.....but for Berty's sake...

Drillers 2-5 Hot Shots
If the Drillers get in amongst the opening 3 frames, who knows, but not tonight. Hot Shots too strong.

Coney 3-4 Bloodhounds
Just because this is the sort of game the Poney should win but I feel the Hounds may upset the odds tonight.

Cuemasters 4-3 Unpreds
Early table toppers to remain that after a nailbiting last frame decider goes in their favour.

Patriots 4-3 Rack Pack
On paper the Patriots should win this, but again I will say it will go to the wire and I favour the Patriots to pinch it.

Propeller 6-1 SAS
The Prop should cruise to victory and the SAS are in my book are massive relegation fodder.

Eden v Eagles
Been a few seasons since we beat the Eagles, and with us its all on the night these days as we never pick a cue up from one week to the next. If we win, then we will yell and scream and jump all over Paul Wildman.

berty
#13 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 00:05
Home From Home

come on the eden stop licking your wounds and sort your sh*t out lets see the red mist!

the-shark
#14 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 06:05

Home From Home

bromley cuemasters 5-2 rileys unpredictables------berty you carry on fella we all like reading your predictions especially as we would now be bottom if you had been right.! but after having us down for 3 defeats your record is now zip-3 laughing good result and an enjoyable match against a rileys team that should definately finish top 5 in my book. a good evening! I'm outta here

berty
#15 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 06:53
Home From Home

To be fair in the early season predictions you can only go on previous experience and from my point of view you have lost a couple of players from that season that you went down. However you obviously are doing something right so fair play to you how about this I reckon you will win next week (jinx jinx) some one has to write on here to make it worth coming on. Would be good to see other peoples predictions rather than sitting on the fence but there you go.

Another team I seem to have underestimated ar ethe Bloodhounds they came at us tooth and nail tonight to go 2-1 up and we hadn't put a foot wrong. The coney pulled off their best performance in ages against a team we could have had no complaints if we would have lost as the standard was good in all frames. coney won 5-2.

I would say on that performance alone they have nothing to worry about but then I look around and think who will go down instead of them? I think the league this season is stronger than I thought.

Very interesting for sure and I am just glad we are getting good points under our belt early on cos before you look at 3/4 spot you cant look past getting away from relegation again. I think this season could come down to team spirit over quality and the ones who want it the most.

Bring on the Hots Shots next week we are in the exact position we wanted to be in going in to that match 3 out of 3 and above them.

any other results?

Golden
#16 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 07:14

FORUM ADDICT!

Just seen Kyle . . Eden 2-5 Eagles

Other results . .
Drillers 3-4 Hot Shots
Prop 6-1 S.A.S.

berty
#17 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 07:20
Home From Home

my predictions aren't all bad then

berty
#18 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 07:33
Home From Home

league table

Cuemasters 22 -
Coney 21 -
Eagles 20 -
Propeller 18 -
Hot Shots 16 -
Drillers 13 -
Unpredictables 11 -
Eden 10 -
Patriots 8 +1
Bloodhounds 6 -
Rack Pack 4 +1
Sas 4 -

Knocky
#19 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 15:43
Must Get Out More

well played the cuemasters last night.unpredictables need to pull their socks up otherwise its going to be a rough long season aheadno
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

longshanks
#20 Print Post
Posted on 07-11-2007 16:32

Must Get Out More

One b&d apiece, some opportunities missed on both sides. I can't see The Unpredictables being in too much trouble come the end of the season. Great start to the season for us, long may it continue.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Gary Swettenham
Gary Swettenham
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing