oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 1 : Week 6
ThePower
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 17:15

Must Get Out More

The subject will have to be brought up again about the implementation so early on of the 'average win'. Proof of the farce that it is will be highlighted this week by Coney getting 6 points for putting their feet up. I know it's not the Coney's fault the system is in place, and rules are rules. But awarding a team six weeks into the season for lets face it for beating relegation fodder plus an under strength Unpreds side is wrong.

The fixture program has and will continue to be favourable for some and not to others, so when the Coney suffer back to back defeats against high class opposition in the form Hot Shots and the mighty Eden it paints the real picture of things to come for Beckenham's third ever best side! In the meantime, 6 points is their early Christmas present.

Anyway, enough of the Coney. We all know they're rubbish.

My predictions....................

Hot Shots v Patriots
Its hard to see the Hot Shots getting beat at home tonight let alone all season. Patriots are the next to have to contend with the leagues best opening three. Patriots have an experienced line up but I can't see an upset. 5-2 Hot Shots.

Bloodhounds v Propeller
This is bread and butter for the Prop, and the Hounds despite the home advantage will have to step up a few gears to win this one. It comes down sometimes to taking what you can from these type of games and the Hounds need to keep the scoreboard ticking over.
5-2 Propeller.

Unpreds v SAS
Local derby match so both sides will want to prove a point. The new look Unpreds pushed the Prop to a last frame decider last week whilst the SAS took yet another thumping in the league and all ready look like a miracle will not be enough to secure 1st division pool next season. Unpreds to cruise to victory, 5-2.

Eagles v Rack Pack
After a week off, league leaders the Eagles will look to cement their position at the top against the Rack Pack who needed the 6-1 they got last week. Betfair would give you some decent odds on an away win and that about sums it up. Eagles will not lose tonight. Eagles 6-1.

Eden v Cuemasters
The 14th meeting between these two sides, and it currently stands at 7-6 to the Cuemasters. Last meeting was at the Farley in last seasons league cup group, Eden cruising at 3-0 to lose 4-3. Never much seperates the two sides. If you look at recent form, the Cuemasters come into the game worse off. It has 4-3 either way, written all over it.
Edited by ThePower on 04-12-2007 17:37

longshanks
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 17:42

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
Eden v Cuemasters
The 14th meeting between these two sides, and it currently stands at 7-6 to the Cuemasters.

anorak

ThePower
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 18:02

Must Get Out More

laughing
I could give you the dates and final scores if you like?

Shaggy
#4 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 18:07
Must Get Out More

Hot Shots v Patriots
The Hotshots have been turning up with 6 all season, but to be honest with the pick again rule being as it is, and with their team its not a disadvantage. I honestly thought the Patriots would do well this year, and even though their performances have been up and down they still have some fire power. In this case though, not enough. Shots 4 Pats 3

Bloodhounds v Propeller
We have played both these sides this year and won both matches 5-2. Obviously the Prop through sheer experience start as strong favourites but the Bloodhounds are no mugs and need to be beaten rather than just jacking in it. Bloodsports 3 Prop 4

Unpreds v SAS
Newly strengthened but are the unpreds newly enthused. If so I can only see a comfotable victory against a struggling SAS outfit. Unpreds 5-2 victors

Eagles v Rack Pack
We sat on our arses last week and maintained our lead at the top so happy days really. Historically since the days of sharing a venue with them at Wandle Road, we have looked down at the Pack as mere fodder. That got firmly chucked in our faces last year when they turned us over. We have more focus this year, and will be going out to win first and formost and count any extras at the end. Eagles 5 Pack 2.

Eden v Cuemasters
Do you know what, I still have absolutely no idea who is actually playing for the Masters this year..... I do know who is playing for the Eden, and they have a mixture of lucky and rubbish in equal measures. Potting table, Cue Masters to edge it 3-4.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spud
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 18:10

Home From Home

I think the Bloodhounds will be a weaker home venue now that they have moved from Sydenham to Thornton Heath.
The first division teams travelling to Rileys in TH are all very familiar to the venue, with 2 of us already based there, where as travelling over to Sydenham would have proved more daunting.
I think it will certainly lose them a few frames that they would otherwise have won in my opinion.

Golden
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 18:23

FORUM ADDICT!

Hot Shots 5-2 Patriots
Bloodhounds 3-4
Unpredictables 6-1 SAS
Eagles 5-2 Rack Pack
Eden 2-5 Cuemasters

berty
#7 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 19:28
Home From Home

Hot Shots 4-3 Patriots
Bloodhounds 2-5 Propeller
Unpredictables 5-2 SAS
Eagles 6-1 Rack Pack
Eden 3-4 Cuemasters
Drillers 3 Coney 4 (average win)

Sorry guys can t be arsed with the full run down after all we aint playing.

harry
#8 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 19:41

Must Get Out More

berty wrote:

Fine attitude! rolling eyes
Harry Time!

berty
#9 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 19:42
Home From Home

come on then harry we wanna see your journalistic flair?!

ThePower
#10 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 20:06

Must Get Out More

berty wrote:
Hot Shots 4-3 Patriots
Bloodhounds 2-5 Propeller
Unpredictables 5-2 SAS
Eagles 6-1 Rack Pack
Eden 3-4 Cuemasters
Drillers 3 Coney 4 (average win)

For time this season Berty predicts a Cuemasters win. Strange.

longshanks
#11 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 20:42

Must Get Out More

Shaggy wrote:

Eden v Cuemasters
Do you know what, I still have absolutely no idea who is actually playing for the Masters this year..... .

Nor do we until Tuesday night. Me, Bentley, Stu, Simon Roberts and John Paul are there pretty much every week. The Coles, Fenna and Curtis have played and Ben played last week, I think.

Truey
#12 Print Post
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:05
Quite The Regular

Shaggy wrote:

Eden v Cuemasters
Do you know what, I still have absolutely no idea who is actually playing for the Masters this year..... I do know who is playing for the Eden, and they have a mixture of lucky and rubbish in equal measures. Potting table, Cue Masters to edge it 3-4.

Cheers Shaggy,
all press welcome & btw thanks for baing Alex's 1 win for the season & last year Scott's 1st win

All donations gladly accepted fella blah blah blah

You'll miss us when we are gone son I'm outta here
HOW LONG LEFT ?

Golden
#13 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 00:02

FORUM ADDICT!

Not too fragile an ego eh Truey . . If it weren't for the fact that the Eden set themselves up as a target for abuse they wouldn't get any press at all in teh same way that average football teams like Fulham and Middlesborough get no airtime . .

fishing for a bite

the-shark
#14 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 06:31

Home From Home

eden 3-4 bromley cuemasters. big suprise here! another 4-3 between us and xmas came early for the cuemasters as the eden had a few good chances to win but fortunately for us didnt!. we was losing all the way through but took the last 2 frames to nick it. always an enjoyable evening against the ex beckenham boys and it will be a shame if its one of the last.

Golden
#15 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 07:40

FORUM ADDICT!

Hot Shots 6-1 The Patriots
Bloodhounds 1-6 The Propeller
Red Deer Eagles 7-0 The Rack Pack

Shaggy
#16 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 07:47
Must Get Out More

Does that mean I actually won a frame this season. Yep, s'pose it does!
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden
#17 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 07:58

FORUM ADDICT!

The law of averages suggested you had to win one eventually . .

Triple C
#18 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 09:02

Home From Home

Rack Pack losing 7-0... Poor

ThePower
#19 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 16:24

Must Get Out More

the-shark wrote:
eden 3-4 bromley cuemasters. big suprise here! another 4-3 between us and xmas came early for the cuemasters as the eden had a few good chances to win but fortunately for us didnt!. we was losing all the way through but took the last 2 frames to nick it. always an enjoyable evening against the ex beckenham boys and it will be a shame if its one of the last.

Summed up well Sharkman. How we didn't win last night heaven knows. We missed a big black in frame 4 and then had dollies in frame 6. If you don't take golden opportunities in this division you get punished and well done the Cuemasters for mopping up the leftovers.

I thought the standard of pool in the opening 5 frames was excellent. Longshanks played some sick shots, and I would rather watch than have to play him in that kind of form!

The plus this morning for the Eden is that the Bloodhounds and Rack Pack got smashed up which keeps us floating outside of the danger zone.

longshanks
#20 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 16:34

Must Get Out More

We did get out of jail but lost on 3 when we had the game in the bag so 2-2 was probably a fair reflection. Simon played the last two for us as we only had 6 and it's probably the worst I've ever seen him play, yet he managed to take out two good finishes. Strange choice of shot from Sting on 6 off the last ball, should have punched it in to be top side of the black.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing