oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 1 Christmas break
berty
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 21:35
Home From Home

This week fixtures pretty much went to par with the Eden V Cuemasters game being a coin flip that could have gone either way. Teams are now faced with the final league game before the christmas break and as with the premiership by Christmas things seem to sort themselves out.

The fact is if someone to say this was the final table at the end of the season there would not be many arguments certainly not at the top and the bottom but maybe some minor alterations in the mid section however of course this is not the case and even the next round of matches throw up some fascinating contests that will either see team lapping up their turkey with all the trimmings or under digesting an overcooked brussel sprout.

At the top of the table the only difference between the top three is the results that have taken place between them, The Eagles early wins against the prop and the hots sohts leaves them sitting pretty at the top of the table and whoever wins the game between the Hot Shots and the Prop maybe the team that will challenge for the title whilst the other will have to wait for the second round of matches before getting a chance to close the gap.

At the bottom of the table The SAS are down already and the bookies have stopped taking bets on them in fact the results so far this season suggest they are no better than a bye, so if a team does lose to them it will be a double blow as it is unlikely any other teams will do this.. The simple fact is that if they were to have their bye next week they would get 1 point....down simple. This will come as welcome news to all team who are looking to maintain their division one status. The Maths this time are simple one other team to go down. Because of this I do not think you will have the 5 way show down heading in to the final 2 weeks like last year my prediction is 2 teams will be battling it out. On current form to be honest sorry Harry but I fear for the Rack Pack who have a had a dreadful start and the Bloodhounds who have that first season enthusiasm that could give them the edge. The Unpredictables and the Patriots are stonger than last year. This leaves The Eden who will produce when they need to and have proven that time and time again, the Cuemasters who are off to a flyer and have another guaranteed win next week already, the bouncebackability will see them safe and even pushing for Europe. Then of course we have the Coney, gutted after losing to a spirited Eden but who I believe come the end of the season will be ok.

Next week predictions

Propeller 4 V 3 Hot Shots
SAS 2 V 5 Bloodhounds
Rack Pack 2 V 5 Unpredictables
The Patriots 4 V 3 Eden
Coney Cues 3 V 4 Eagles
Cue Masters 4 v 3 Bye

League table going in to christmas:

RED DEAR EAGLES 51
PROPELLER 44
HOT SHOTS 42
BROMLEY CUEMASTERS 38
PATRIOTS 35
CONEY CUES 34
UNPREDICTABLES 29
BLOODHOUNDS 24
EDEN 25
RACK PACK 20
THE S.A.S 10
BYE 0

Ho Ho Ho

harry
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 21:43

Must Get Out More

I personally think that if we pull our finger out, we will be safe.

Watch this space................
Harry Time!

Sass
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 21:53

FORUM ADDICT!

Propeller 2 V 5 Hot Shots
SAS 3 V 4 Bloodhounds
Rack Pack 4 V 3 Unpredictables
The Patriots 4 V 3 Eden
Coney Cues 1 V 6 Eagles
Cue Masters 4 v 3 Bye - I guess you have calculated this? I can't be bothered to!

My predictions for what they are worth . . .

www.croydonpool.com
Spud
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 21:56

Home From Home

Prop / Hotshots game should be an excellent game next week.

Been said before, it's all about the top order.
The Popes vs. Sean and Rod will ultimately dictate the outcome of the match.

Shaggy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 22:15
Must Get Out More

Our motto at the start of the season was 'Must do Better!', and to date other than one nameless member of the team everybody has raised their performance. It means nothing of course over 6 games, but hopefully it will set the trend for how we play for the rest of the year.

The league has already taken shape, and the top will be between the three at the top now, perhaps two from three after the Prop/Hotshots clash this week, the Coney, Masters and Patriots filling the next three in any order, two already relegated and the rest vying to avoid the one drop spot remaining.

Anyway, Next Week.
Next week predictions

Propeller 3 V 4 Hot Shots
As mentioned before the main feature of this match is the top two match up. Hotshots in my own personal opinion are slightly less reliant on this, and will probably win in any event, though it will obviously be a coin toss if they go 2-0 down.

SAS 1 V 6 Bloodhounds
Bloodhounds are a pretty solid unit, SAS are underpowered and lacking in confidence. SHould be quite straight forward.

Rack Pack 3 V 4 Unpredictables
Rack Pack had only a couple of chances against the Eagles this week, and will need Harry to stop missing dollys and the Rocket to slow down for one second. The Unpredictables are obviopusly strengthened by the Drillers fallout so I think will sneak a close one.

The Patriots 3 V 4 Eden
Good knows, the Patriots have a few names, the Eden love playing names. Even though I think the Patriots should win this is the perfect place for the Eden to ruffle feathers. Need to get rid of it early doors though coz cant see Gators losing a decider against the Eden back end.

Coney Cues 3 V 4 Eagles
We all like the Coney guys, they have taken a couple of batterings off us and taken it really well, they have also took us close and had bad run, and occasionally kicked our ass. In any event this is a fixture that I know they look forward too, and at the moment Tuesday nights cant come quick enough for us! (Sad!!!) I expect to win of course, but it will be a close game. I hope we pull some sick stuff out and just roll them over, but would take a win now, and anything else is a bonus.
Edited by Shaggy on 05-12-2007 22:15
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lils
#6 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 23:17

Must Get Out More

harry wrote:

I personally think that if you state the obvious, it generally happens.

harry
#7 Print Post
Posted on 05-12-2007 23:45

Must Get Out More

Lils wrote:
harry wrote:

I personally think that if you state the obvious, it generally happens.

Aw shucks, i have missed you picking on me big grin
Harry Time!

Lils
#8 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2007 00:53

Must Get Out More

I thought so!

I'm here for you always on that one hun . . . kiss
Edited by Lils on 06-12-2007 00:53

the-shark
#9 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2007 18:29

Home From Home

with the drillers folding that has obviously helped many teams at the bottom because obviously this means only 2 teams effectively get relegated! hard to see the sas escaping after the start they have had and player shortages, at moment seems to be between the rat pack and bloodhounds but all can change. the eden will deinately stay up to finish there last season on a high. we have made a good start considering we have the bare bones of our summer team, as long as we have a regular 6 every week we should be ok. some tough games after the break tho including the coney,patriots,eagles and prop so will be a test as to where we feel we can finish.

ThePower
#10 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2007 18:30

Must Get Out More

Propeller 4-3 Hot Shots
SAS 2-5 Bloodhounds
Rack Pack 2-5 Unpreds
Patriots 3-4 Eden
Coney 2-5 Eagles

Eagles cruising at present and hard to see anyone mounting a consistent enough challenge to catch them, I think it's going to be tough for Prop and Hot Shots to sustain the pressure on them, but both have the firepower to do so. Its the Eagles to chuck away.

Whereas the rest of us are fighting for 4th, Patriots on paper have the team to take that spot. Cuemasters gun ho attacking style is good to watch but won't win them matches every week. Coney & Unpreds have some tough games coming up in the New Year, so hard to say if they can sustain the pressure on 4th spot. Eden need some bigger results, and we are in no mans land at the moment so need to change up the gears but I think the table will even itself out by the end of Jan.

I believe there will be 4 teams in the relegation shake up come April. Rack Pack and Bloodhounds have to be two of them and most of us predicted that at the start of the season so no surprises so far. I think we all beleive the SAS are curtains, and after finishing 2nd in Div 2 last season its been so far pretty dismal, but most teams that come up go straight back down.

A 1st division with the likes of Legion, Warbank and Coach & Horses in is a prospect for next year. Would certainly hot it up.
Edited by ThePower on 06-12-2007 18:51

Spud
#11 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2007 20:59

Home From Home

I think it would be far too early to suggest that it's ours to throw away.

We have had to work very hard for our lead, and our home form has been key to our great start.
We have some tough journeys on the road yet to come, starting with the Coney next week, and it's just a case of taking each game as it comes.

Our last game on the road was against you guys (Eden) and you know yourself that the result could well have been different.

One game at a time, we'll count our chickens if and when they hatch.

longshanks
#12 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2007 21:52

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
Cuemasters gun ho attacking style is good to watch but won't win them matches every week.

Stuart Thompson is neither gung ho nor good to watch.

Shaggy
#13 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2007 23:13
Must Get Out More

No it was the third part of that sentance that applied, 'wont win matches every week'. big grin
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dino Nair
Dino Nair
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing