oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
division 1 week 4
Knocky
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 01:38
Must Get Out More

unfortunatly our game against the betterhalfs has been postponed due to reasons beyound our control,hopefully to be sorted out at the next agm.
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

Nature Boy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 05:38

Home From Home

Won

longshanks
#3 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 05:41

Must Get Out More

Cuemasters 5-5 Propeller

Good quality match tonight, very few balls missed on either side and finished at 9.45.

nuttmeg
#4 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 06:29
Home From Home

Forum 4 Eagles 6 good quality match tonight with both teams playing some good pool,in the end the joint 5th best team in England won outWink

Pondlife
#5 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 16:02

Must Get Out More

Wizards 3 Pond Q's 7

Good match. A fair result. A nice bunch of lads and a very well supported team. Good luck to our opponents for the remainder of the season !! applause

The Legion beat Rileys Snooker 8-2.

As Knocky states in an earlier message: The match between the Unpredictables and Better Halfs did not take place because the BH's decided to try and exclude a certain individual from the Unpred's team. I cannot recall anything like this happening before. I don't think that a meeting is necessary to resolve this situation. Rule 44 should be implemented and if there is any repetition Rule 45. The Unpredictables should claim a walkover win !! IMO

SCORCHIO12
#6 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 16:19

Must Get Out More

Just so you can update the tables Pat as you enjoy doing this the warbank won 9-1 against f.machine. Smile

Pondlife
#7 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 17:51

Must Get Out More

Thank you Scott for your late result notification . Nature Boy really does need to learn how to express himself more clearly. Sometimes it is very difficult to understand his messages. The updated table for week 4 is as follows:
Pond Q's 25
Propeller 25
Eagles 24
Cuemasters 24
Forum 22
Unpreds 19 (+1 result to be decided)
Legion 19
Warbank 19
Better Halfs 17 (+1 result to be decided)
Wizards 16
Rileys Snooker 14
Flying Machine 6

Shaggy
#8 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 18:29
Must Get Out More

So presumably the landlord has envoked his right to refuse an individual from his premises. No doubt a reaction to the whole Rod not being allowed in Rileys as is Rileys right, as discussed for eons in pervious threads.

Petty, but not an entirely unsuprisng reposte from the Better Halfs.Pat, if BH's had refused to play the match at Riles would they therrefore have been entitled to a 10-0 walkover???

House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pondlife
#9 Print Post
Posted on 09-11-2011 23:09

Must Get Out More

You are quite right Paul. The BH's felt that a certain person's participation in the match might well lead to a potential altercation. The landlord was therefore unwilling to allow the match to go ahead. But,where do you draw the line ? Do all future teamsheets have to be submitted in advance to the BH's so that they may decide which individuals play against them ? It is a farcical state of affairs which must be remedied with some haste. It cannot be allowed to drag on until the AGM !! wall

sparks
#10 Print Post
Posted on 10-11-2011 01:01
Home From Home

SCORCHIO12 wrote:
Just so you can update the tables Pat as you enjoy doing this the warbank won 9-1 against f.machine. Smile

The score was actually Warbank 9 - 1 King Kenny (Alias Cheeko)laughing

handbrake
#11 Print Post
Posted on 10-11-2011 01:37
Home From Home

Sad as it is Tuesdays events at the better halfs is no surprise chris tho it's no fault of 99 percent of your team , tho the 1percent took it opon them selfs to make it his lifes work to ensure one of the better halfs team was never to step foot inside suzies etc via email, fax, letter, video link,phone calls , and carryer pigeon to suzies head office, so it really is no surprise that this has happens,this happend to my team in a feeble attempt to stop us winning the league, but it's harsh for it to effect such a great bunch of lads cos of the actions of just one

jacko
#12 Print Post
Posted on 10-11-2011 04:43
Must Get Out More

just 2clarify once again 2 any idiot who keeps indicating that i ad anything 2do with any1 getting barred from rileys that it woz completely nothin 2do with me..i would not av any problem admitting 2it if it woz..a certain person as only himself 2blame so wish u guys would get sum morals n stop tryin 2blame others..also funny how certain people go on about this wen i no there ex gf wrote 2rileys about a certain guy takin illegal substances..strange....as 4 tuesdays events im sure our leaders wil sort it out...same people from the same area causing grief again...remember children drugs dont work unless a dr prescribes em...p.s. there woz no attemp 2win any league by underhand tactics apart from maybe the cheats who illegally played banned players...y would u wana win by cheating ? pop 2 the toilet b4 a frame n so on ............butter wouldn't melt ...

Kermy
#13 Print Post
Posted on 11-11-2011 01:41
Home From Home

Gonna have my say and i promised myself that i wouldnt get myself involved in this argument. Guys the argument is between two certain people let them sort it out,things have been said and done with everyone getting there two penneth in. This is a friendly pool league but the more u guys keep making a big issue of this its gonna make a mockery of our league. We should all enjoy our pool nights out,and yeah sometimes *******happens and we get past it. We all know who this is between,so let them get on with it and not spoil our tuesdays.

ThePower
#14 Print Post
Posted on 11-11-2011 17:04

Must Get Out More

It seems the league committee will have to concur prior to an AGM on their stance regarding this situation before it becomes farcial to allow teams to stretch the rules and more so before they have another tear up on their hands.

IMO, if you are excluded from a venue on grounds the management concur are serious enough to do so, then that is very different to banning at the eleventh hour someone from a venue because you believe there may be trouble. Its almost indicating there is a likely chance there will be trouble and from whom?

From a neutral viewpoint, I see this further situation will only prove to provoke the league committee.
Edited by ThePower on 11-11-2011 17:12

longshanks
#15 Print Post
Posted on 12-11-2011 01:24

Must Get Out More

Have to agree with Kermy. If matches end up not being played and walkovers given it will make a mockery of the league.

I think there are two choices here. Either the two of them leave their differences aside and just play pool or the pair of them agree not to play against each other's teams.

Metin250
#16 Print Post
Posted on 12-11-2011 02:55
Home From Home

None of my business but bored on a train and thought I just have a bit.
Unpredicts knew this would crop up at some point signing jacko so they should maybe have pulled him out the firing line the same way Fergie did with Rooney at everton. We are talking about a frame of pool here the rest of unpred could have coped a they have a strong team and have survived in the past without him. Plus I would welcome a chance to avoid going lewisham Grin
Just rearrange and get it played , job done!

Kermy
#17 Print Post
Posted on 12-11-2011 03:02
Home From Home

I was told by a unpredictable player that if jacko never turned up,Rod would not play in the return fixture. Which to be honest i thought was quite fair,yet the unpredictables turned that down. Dont understand though how u can bar someone from a place when they have never even set a foot in there,but this was always on the cards after Mr Jackson wrote certain comments on this website. what people do in there personal lives is no concern to others(am pretty sure that we all have certain misdemeanors that we keep to ourselves). What happens from here on in,nobody knows,but if the heirachy of this league dont step in now this situation will escalate and become ridiculous. Could we all bar the best players from opposing teams,will the unpredicts bar the entire better half team from there venue,who knows how this could turn out. Just a shame that in there first season in div 1 the Better halfs have had this upon them,such a shame cos they are a quality side and a good bunch of guys. Let your pool do the talking chaps u dont need to lower yourselves to this level of pettiness. As for individuals who make slanderous accusations on this website they should be barred from the site full stop. Going back to what i said last night,this is a friendly pool league so lets not forget why we all come out on tuesdays.

Pondlife
#18 Print Post
Posted on 12-11-2011 03:55

Must Get Out More

I see that on the weekly results sheet it does not clarify why the match was not played. It just mentions that the matter has been referred to the half-season general meeting. I personally feel that this is totally unacceptable to delay dealing with this apparent impasse until February next year. It needs sorting out as a matter of some urgency because once again we have the prospect of the league being brought into disrepute. Could we please have an extraordinary general meeting as soon as possible to attempt to bring about a satisfactory conclusion to this affair ?

No1 Nugget
#19 Print Post
Posted on 12-11-2011 04:44
Must Get Out More

hi guys sorry to butt in but i totally agree with rickyhandshake
forget whats gone on this is a frienly league with a few banter applause
let the pool do the talking lads then you can have the bragging rightsboxer

p.s hope you sort it out guys come on now its all about getting that title being CROYDONS NUMBER 1trophyone LOLPfft
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

nuttmeg
#20 Print Post
Posted on 12-11-2011 07:04
Home From Home

If Jacko was barred because of something he has done in the pub,that merrits barring thats fair enough. If he slaughtered the governor or his family I can also understand it. But if Jacko has been barred because of things he has said about a player true,or false,I think that is wrong,and could lead to problems. I personally would have barred him for wearing sunglasses inside during winter.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Marc Burnett
Marc Burnett
2008 Scotch Doubles Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing